The theme of 5th FANRES International conference 2019
” Sustainable development of natural resources potency on archipelagic-based toward the food sovereignty”
Food sovereignty has become a challenging subject that have been discussing over the world. This concept determine about the right of people to healthy and culturally appropriate food through agricultural sustainable practices as well as giving people right to define their own food and its agricultural systems. This also provides an opportunity for the community to take control on food produced, food traded, and how the way to consume it. Global food demand is expected to increase gradually at anywhere along with the growth of population and income of people in many countries. Substantially, the consideration on conserve the sufficient natural resources to be used for food productions should becoming a main agenda for all the people. There are some challenges to consider relatingto global food availability such as rising population, increasing soil erosion, degradation on natural resources, and climate change that have been effected the level of production and distribution of agricultural products. In order to provide all the people in having access to safe, sufficient and nutritious food at all times, then we should take action to ensure food security by balancing food and nutritional security, embrace new technology that environmental friendly in agriculture sector, implementing landscape approach in agriculture, as well as approaching appropriate agriculture policies development. Therefore, this conference try to discuss the issues related to the development of agriculture practices in supporting food production and its distribution along with sustainable uses in in agriculture resources.
1. Prof. Patricia Rayas-Duarte (Oklahoma State University-USA)
2. Prof. Glen Fox (University of Queensland-Australia)
3. Prof. Shinjiro Ogita (Prefectural University of Hiroshima-Jepang)
4. Prof. Verene Peitzner (University of Oldenburg-Jerman)
5. Prof. Kang, Woo-Won (Kyungpook National University, South Korea)
6. Dr. Juwaidah (Universiti Putra Malaysia)
7. Prof. Amiza Mat Amin (Universiti Malaysia Terengganu)
8. Prof. Dr. Yuli Witono, S.TP., M.P. (President of FANRes, University of Jember-Indonesia)
9. Prof. Dr. Eng. I Made Joni, M.Sc (Nanotechnology and Graphene Research Center, Universitas Padjadjaran-Indonesia)
10. Ir. Lily Ishak, MSi, M.NatRes, PhD (Universitas Khairun Ternate-Indonesia).